Wednesday, May 1, 2013

A new fuel source to try-PowerBar's Energy Blends

If you've been following my posts for a while, you know I'm signed up with BzzAgent, a social marketing site that promotes word-of-mouth advertising.  I was lucky enough to get signed up for a new campaign for PowerBar's Performance Energy Blends.  They're made with real fruit (and are gluten free for those that need that) with no artificial flavors and come in a neat resealable package.

Well, my BzzKit arrived today and I received two for free to try (banana blueberry and apple mango strawberry) plus 10 coupons to give to friends ($1.50 off of two).  Once I've tried them out, I'll post a review here for everyone.  Here's the nutrition info: 

Since I've kind of started getting yucked-out when I have too much Gu on really long runs and Chomps get stuck in my teeth (though they taste yummy), it would be cool if these work out for me...plus they'll fit in either the leg pockets or zippered pocket of my SparkleSkirt ;-)

I'll bring the coupons with me to Everest for anyone who'll be there and wants one, just let me know!

2 comments:

  1. They were giving these out like there was no tomorrow at RnR Dallas! Got 3-4 of each flavor to try out.

    I did enjoy the flavor, but the texture is something I don't know if I'd be able to handle on a run - plus it's just more volume than a gel - so they'll be pre-run prep for me (similar to taking a gel before or using Gatorade Prime).

    I did use the apple one before my Big Sur 10-miler this past weekend and felt great! So I'd say it's a great addition to anyone's running arsenal.

    Interested to hear what you think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the texture of the Gu was fine for me at first; now it gets kind of gross after one or two. At least if they don't work out for my runs, I can always fall back on the Chomps.

      Delete