Saturday, November 14, 2009

11/14/09-Racking up the miles

So today I finished my 6th week of my half marathon training. Today was an 8 miler, actually did 8.42 miles (I had planned 8.17 but mixed up my route by accident, thus the extra 1/4 mile). This past Thursday was my first day of 3 min walk/2 min run (I've been at 3/1 for a couple weeks). The 3/2's kept getting me a little out of breath, but I made it through all of them plus my form/stride drills afterward. Today's LR was with 3/1's though...I don't do an LR with 3/2's for another 2 weeks.

I am doing really bad with my cross training---as in skipping it mostly. I have tons of motivation for my walk/run days (especially my LRs), but cross training I am TOTALLY unmotivated for. I don't know why that is...and I've got to stop that. I really need to be getting in my strength training, especially for my core and back muscles. On my LRs for like the last third of the routes my middle back has been getting tired, making me feel like hunching over which I have been actively trying not to do. So I need to suck it up and do the cross training, no matter what.

Weight is at 213.6 now, so total lost is 38.6 lbs. I am hoping for 212 at my weigh-in tomorrow to hit the 40 lb mark, but TOM is arriving tomorrow or Monday (might be some of the reason for my back getting tired during today's LR) so I'm not going to hold my breath. *Thinking positive happy thoughts*

All right, on to lunch and a shower so I can get some shopping out of the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment